Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Not much happening this week

Ugh!  Don't you just hate it when the sickness spreads from one child to the next until you have a houseful of miserably sick children?  Last week, my daughter and I had some nasty stomach virus, so we switched to a light day schedule for the healthy ones, and I had them complete what they could on their own.  The weekend came, Ainsley and I were feeling better!  It looked like we were on the mend, and then, in the middle of the night, I woke up to Nathaniel saying "Mama, it hurts when I breathe."

We are not new to breathing problems here.  Especially Nathaniel.  He had the flu back in November, and his lungs just didn't fully heal, so I knew at that point it was only a matter of time before what could be a simple cold would instead be bronchitis, if not pneumonia.  Looked like the time had come!

At the breakfast table Sunday morning, we were joined by 2 more coughing boys.  And not those dry, I've got an itch in my throat coughs.  More like those wet hacking I belong in a TB ward cough.  How do they go from not even a runny nose the night before, to lungs full of gunk the next morning!? So Monday, Ken took the 3 boys to the Dr.'s and like I suspected, all 3 have bronchitis! 

Looks like we have another week of kids laying in bed, feeling miserable and getting very little school work done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment